Kisan Call CenterPreface || Concept || Operational Mechanisms || Schematic Representation || Infrastucture || Skills & Human Resources || Monitoring & Review || Documentation & Reporting
Skills required at different levels in Kisan Call Centres
(a) Facilitation Skills:
When a call received at the Level-I and Level-II, the receivers welcome the caller by â€œGreetingsâ€ and facilitate him in presenting the problem in a focused way by giving a lead to his query in the following way :
- Speak in Farmer's language
- Use Easy words
- Use short sentences
- Give patient listening to understand the local conditions and Farmer's situation for the query he raises.
- Diagnose the problem by probing the details.
- Answering the query at the level of farmer's knowledge.
(b) Communication Skills:
- Empathise with the farmer
- Listen actively for content and feeling
- Exhibit commitment and interest to convince the farmer
- Avoid defensiveness in conversation.
- Use personal words in conversation
- Relate with local experiences, if possible.
- Avoid use of unnecessary and complex words and sentences.
- Smooth transition in voice.
- Speak politely.
- Close call with greetings.
(c) Computer Skills:
- Basic knowledge of key board and mouse.
- Basic knowledge of Internet.
- Sending and Receiving E-mails.